Jobs available - we are growing
Sales Representative - Belmont, CA / SF Bay Area
Old World Spirits, voted best San Francisco Bay Area and South Bay distillery is growing. We are seeking a sales candidate that is highly motivated, a self-starter, well organized, energetic, and passionate about craft spirits.
The Northern California Area sales rep will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Old World Spirits portfolio within the assigned territory. Key responsibilities will include managing the distributor in the territory, including sales goal achievement, pricing, distribution targets, promotions, trade execution and chain activity. Responsibilities will also include building key relationships both on and off premise.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise accounts
• Call on existing key accounts to retain/develop existing distribution, secure new distribution, make timely presentations and introduce new and “limited release” spirits.
• Manage direct sales at tasting room and tasting events
• At target accounts, execute weekly on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
• Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
• Travel to distributor team meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the OWS team to execute/achieve the sales plan
• Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
• Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
• Occasionally help with other distillery duties as requested by the manager
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college and prior experience in a sales position
• At least three (3) years sales experience with a winery, brewery or distillery sales or equivalent experience with a wine/spirits distributor
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Excellent time management skills- able to be proactive and take initiative
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows operating systems or similar
• Ability to use mobile devices / apps to track sales activities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills: ability to talk to others to clearly convey information.
• Active listening - listening to account needs and doing everything to exceed those needs
• Effective public speaking - comfortable addressing large groups.
• A flexible schedule is a must, as this position will include evening and weekend sampling events and promotions. Candidates must also be comfortable with occasional overnight travel.
• Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
• Valid Driver License with a clean driving record and a reliable, registered and insured vehicle - ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
• Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week.
• Must currently reside in a broader San Francisco Bay Area
• Must be able to travel overnight to regional destinations if necessary.
• Possess ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org